A Medium app on Windows, powered by Cortana & Cloud Syncing!
I really love Medium. In my opinion, it’s the best blogging/storytelling service out there. Medium simply reinvented the “non-microblogging” services again.
Also, I love my Windows Phone. The Live Tiles, Office & Cortana are making me productive every day! ☺
That’s why I started this side-project, “Mediummy”, a Windows Phone & Windows app that acts as a client for Medium.
Before starting the development of Mediummy, I carefully thought about what features to include and what features to exclude -at least in the early stages-. Trello helped me prioritize features. My goal was to complement Medium with the productivity features of Windows & add Medium as an app for Windows users as well -which I’m one of them-.
1. Search. Favorite. Share.
- Search: for stories, publications & profiles.
- Favorite: stories, publications & profiles and sync them between your Windows devices.
- Share: stories, publications or profiles to facebook, OneNote, NFC, email… etc
Mediummy is deeply integrated with Cortana. You can say: “Medium, Find the magic of single button apps story” and Cortana will open Mediummy, searching for “the magic of single button apps” story, without touching the phone at all!
Sync your current page and favorites between your Windows devices so you can continue where you left off. Mediummy is a universal Windows app that works across Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 devices.
4. Offline Reading [Beta]
The first user to write a review: gave 3 stars, reported a bug -which is fixed now- & suggested a very good feature for the next iteration which is: “Offline Reading Mode” for stories in favorites. That’s why, I changed my plans and put this feature on the top of my Trello “To Do” list.
Currently, I implemented & released it -in a beta mode- and will continue to improve it along with adding more features. Stay tuned! ☺
Download: (Currently unavailable)
As seen in WMPowerUser.com
I’d really appreciate your feedback & feature requests here or on: “Mediummy (at) outlook (dot) com”. Thank you! ☺
- Mediummy is an unofficial Medium client app.
- Content presented in Mediummy is already on Medium.com so Mediummy is not the owner of content on Medium.com.
- Part of Mediummy is using Medium.com mobile website view and the login functionality is provided by Medium.com mobile website not by Mediummy.
- Mediummy is an individual side-project by me and is not related to my employer by any means.